CVMA POLICY 3-3-13 Effective: March 12, 2013 Revised: January 16, 2015
SUBJECT: CVMA LOGO USE
1. Registering your trademark gives you the exclusive right to use your mark for the goods and services that it covers in the country (where the trademark is registered). It also gives you the right for preventing others to use an identical or similar mark in the same category of goods or services.
2. If infringements of your trademark continue without any response at all, you risk losing the legal right to that mark.
3. The logo of the CVMA is trademarked and requires written approval from the NBOD prior to the logo being used in any type of sales or marketing. This includes the Full Member (FM), Support Member (SM), and Auxiliary Member (AM) back patches.
a. Any item given approval, and features the trademarked FM logo, can only be sold to Full Members of the Association.
b. Any item given approval, and features the trademarked SM logo, can only be sold to Full or Support Members of the Association.
c. Any item given approval, and features the trademarked AM logo, can only be sold to Full or Auxiliary Members of the Association.
d. State Representatives and State Quartermasters can purchase any back-patches for their assigned membership.
4. All Modifications to the logo will be submitted for review and approval. It is recommended that requests be submitted prior to a product being made as approval is not guaranteed. All approved use of the registered trademark shall expire at the end of the 3-year term of the National President, and must be resubmitted to the NBOD for approval.
5. All requests will be submitted via the Member/Chapter Vendor (MCV) "MY MCV Items" link in the store: https://forum.combatvet.org/store/mcv/mcv_items.php
6. POC for this policy is the National Vice-President (NVP).